Thulile Khanyile, is an award-winning academic in the sciences, a social entrepreneur and speaker. She is the co-founder and co-director of Nka’Thuto EduPropeller NPO and Nka’Thuto TechnoPropeller PTY(Ltd). The organisation brings technology and innovation to the playgrounds of schools situated in marginalised communities.
Thulile Khanyile is a lecturer and doctoral candidate at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS). Her study is investigating preventative vaccine strategies against HIV-1. Her highest qualification is a Master of Science in Medicine MSc(Med) where she specialised in Molecular Medicine and Haematology.
“I want African girls to see themselves as global players not limited by, but proud of where they come from.”
- The Sunday World Unsung Heroes award (2021)
- Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans (2020)
- The Avance Media 100 Most Influential Young South Africans (2019)
Obama Africa leaders’ fellow (2018)
- KZN Young achievers Award recipient (2017)
The NYDA Youth award (2017)
- The Golden Key International Honours Society